Breakthrough performance results with the AX5689 controller chip of Axign
The new AX5689 performance figures on system level are extremely good:
- It has an audio frequency and loudspeaker independent behavior
- The THD, IMD and Noise voltage levels are extremely low
- The digital control loop is insensitive for ground or supply disturbances
- Independent of used power stage
The listening experience is extremely good:
- Transparent, detailed and open sound
- Extreme control of the sound, especially with female vocals
- Inaudible noise levels
The perfect silence and incredible sound. Audio under your control.
- Is a class-D audio amplifier controller chip in a QFN package
- It has a digital control loop with feedback behind the output filter, across the loudspeaker terminals
- It requires a digital input signal and suppresses all artefacts with a 5th order digital feedback loop
- The Signal to Noise level on set level is >117 dB up to 124 dB, resulting in inaudible noise levels
- The THD vs Frequency is flat at 0.001% (10W, 20Hz-20kHz)
- One single AX5689 can drive 4 BTL channels
- The output power is adjustable between a few Watts up to several kWatts
- The AX5689 samples are available now
Note that the 3 lines are on top of each other. The THD+N is limited by the low N, even at 6kHz.
In combination with a high damping factor (the output impedance stays below 2mOhm within the audio band) and its load independent behavior, loudspeakers will produce their best possible sound.